Columbia Cedar is a cedar sawmill that responsibly harvests, mills, and manufactures select, tight-knot western red cedar building products. We offer lumber industry & sawmill career opportunities with competitive wages and benefits.
Currently we have an opening for a Journeyman Electrician.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Installing and repairing wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment.
- Measuring, cutting, bending, threading, assembling, and installing electrical conduit.
- Pulling wire through conduit, splicing wires, and connecting wires to lighting fixtures or equipment.
- Installing control and distribution apparatus, connecting power cables to equipment, and installing grounding leads.
- Testing continuity of circuits to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components.
- Observing installations to detect hazards or items that need adjustment, relocation, or replacement.
- Planning the layout of electrical systems that show the location of wiring and equipment (or following blueprints that show this information).
Must be able to support other maintenance functions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS include the following:
- Must be 18 or older
- Electrical License 01 or specialty 07 preferred or 2 to 3 years experience considered.
- Troubleshooting, PLC and computer experience required
Applicant must be willing to work overtime.
Benefits and Wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription
- Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
Wage rate for this position will depend on experience.
Our company is a drug free workplace. All applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening. Columbia Cedar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.